Telemedicine keeps patients and their doctors connected when an in-person visit isn’t possible. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, BLISS Health has provided telemedicine services so that patients can keep up with necessary health appointments. But what is telemedicine? And what can you accomplish via a virtual visit?
We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions we receive about telemedicine visits and have answered them below.
1. How does a telemedicine appointment work?
A telemedicine appointment (also called a telehealth appointment, video appointment, or virtual visit) is scheduled and conducted just like an in-person visit. The first step is to schedule your appointment. You can schedule an appointment with us online or by calling (407) 203-5984. We’ll then confirm your appointment and email you instructions for how to join your appointment online.
When it’s time for your appointment, just click on the link included in the confirmation email–you don’t need to download special software or an application. Just like traditional in-person visits, your doctor or therapist may get tied up with another patient, or may need a few extra minutes to prepare for your appointment. If your doctor or therapist does not join the appointment immediately, hang tight–they’ll be there soon.
2. What types of services does BLISS Health offer via telemedicine?
BLISS Health offers telemedicine appointments for medical visits, mental health visits, and case management visits, even for patients who are not located in the Central Florida area.
Patients can do everything during a telemedicine appointment that they do in-person with their doctor, including the following:
- Become a new patient and have their initial appointment for diagnosis and treatment
- See a medical provider, such as a doctor, nurse, or therapist
- Get a prescription for a medication
- Get an order for any necessary lab work
If you require lab work as part of your visit, your doctor will send lab orders directly to the laboratory closest to you.
3. I’m a new patient. Can I have my first appointment remotely using telemedicine?
Yes, you can. We typically encourage all patients to attend their first visit in-person. This way, we can establish a better relationship with you and we can perform all required lab work at the same time. However, given safety concerns due the Covid-19 pandemic, and to help patients who are far from Orlando, we do offer initial appointments via telemedicine. If you schedule a telemedicine appointment and need lab work, we will send all lab orders to the laboratory nearest your home.
4. Does BLISS Health offer in-person visits at this time? Or must all appointments be made via telemedicine?
We are currently seeing patients in-person at our clinic in Orlando. BLISS Health complies with all protocols and safety measures to treat patients in-person while preventing the spread of Covid-19.
Telemedicine appointments are available to patients who:
- Would like to avoid in-person contact to lower their risk of Covid-19 infection
- Do not live in the Central Florida area
- Do not have the time to travel to an in-person appointment
5. Can I continue to have telemedicine visits with BLISS Health post-pandemic?
Yes! BLISS Health will continue to offer telemedicine appointments, even after the Covid-19 pandemic has resolved.
Schedule Your appointment with BLISS Health Today
Telemedicine is a new practice that allows patients to access healthcare when they otherwise would not be receiving care. Although in-person human connection is limited, medical care can still be delivered to those who have internet access via telemedicine.
We’re currently accepting telemedicine appointments for new and existing patients, and will continue to do so even after the Covid-19 pandemic has passed. To schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers, contact us online or call (407) 203-5984.